Like LinkedIn, TikTok has now introduced a feature that allows you to see who has viewed your profile in the past 30 days. Initially spotted by reverse engineers in the app’s code in January 2022, the feature is now globally available and can be turned on and off at the user's discretion.
According to TikTok’s support page, this feature is only accessible to users over the age of 16 and those with fewer than 5,000 followers. This could be due to the potential overwhelm of seeing a long list of viewers for highly popular profiles or for user protection purposes.
How to Enable TikTok Profile View History:
- Navigate to your profile page and tap on the three-line icon menu located in the top right corner to access your Settings.
- Click on 'Settings and Privacy.'
- Next, click on 'Privacy,' and from there, select 'Profile Views.'
- Here, you can see a list of users who viewed your profile in the past thirty days. To turn on or off TikTok profile views, toggle the icon next to the profile view history.
Keep in mind, only you can see who viewed your profile, but enabling this feature means you are also allowing others to see when you have viewed their profile.
Fortunately, the TikTok profile views feature is not automatically enabled, giving users the liberty to opt-in. You can also toggle this feature on or off whenever you prefer.
How to Disable TikTok Profile Views:
- Click on the 'Inbox' page at the bottom of the TikTok app.
- Click on a notification indicating that someone has viewed your profile.
- Once you're on the 'Profile views' page, tap the 'Settings' icon in the top right corner.
- Toggle the icon next to the 'Profile views history' page to off.
Alternatively, you can navigate to the 3-line menu icon in your settings, then select Settings and Privacy > Privacy > Profile views > Profile view history to access these settings.