Microsoft is now rolling out its latest feature update for Windows 11, dubbed "Moment 3". The release introduces several long-requested features and quality-of-life improvements. Given that Moment 2 was released only in late February, the quick arrival of the next update is a pleasant surprise. Here are the five coolest features to look out for in the Moment 3 update:
- Taskbar and Notification Improvements: Improvements to the taskbar include a network icon that indicates an active VPN connection with a small lock icon. The taskbar clock can now display seconds, a feature many users will appreciate. The ability to copy two-factor authentication codes from desktop push notifications with one click has also been added, a feature already available on Android and iOS.
- Improved Widget Board: Although updates to Windows Widgets in Moment 3 are limited, a redesigned widget picker has been introduced. It allows users to preview a widget before pinning it to the board, offering more creative freedom in board layout.
- Task Manager Update: Task Manager now supports live kernel memory dump. This feature gathers data to troubleshoot issues in the background while the operating system continues to run. It will be particularly useful for developers investigating unresponsive applications or seeking the source of other issues.
- Enhanced Settings Menu: Moment 3 introduces numerous changes and improvements to Windows Settings. Snap Assist has been enhanced, allowing users to choose between three, five, and 20 tabs. The Settings app also has a new section for all OneDrive subscriptions, providing a detailed breakdown of the stored content on each.
- New Wallpapers: The Moment 3 update introduces new wallpapers. The iconic Windows 11 swirly pattern is now available in beautiful shades of pink, magenta, and purple.
In summary, the Windows 11 Moment 3 update delivers several new features and improvements, making it a worthwhile update for all users.